FirePan, Open Fire, Fire Pit & BBQ Frying Pan by FireChef
- Carbon Steel, Superior Thermal Conductivity
- 29cm diameter frying pan
- 40cm detachable long steel handle
- Extension bolts (fit your own super long handles for bonfire cooking!)
Campfire Frying Pan
FirePan is a heavy duty carbon steel pan is designed for a near cast iron cooking experience without the inconvenience of weight. Superior thermal conducting and holding of heat, specially designed for variable heat sources like fire, embers or BBQ makes it perfect for searing and high heat cooking.
Whether cooking epic bonfire pancakes, searing the perfect steak, toasting spices over flame, butter basting on the BBQ, or just a good hearty breakfast, the Firepan is designed for that ultimate fire cooking experience!
Open Fire Cooking Comfort
The Firepan handle offers convenience. Whether that’s for packing away for the long haul or cooking over variable heat sources from different heights like campfire, wood embers, BBQ, hearth or even camp stove.
- Steep Incline long steel handle for comfort fire cooking.
- Detachable handle for easy stowage
- Extension bolts included for fitting branch handle extension*
*Every Firepan handle can be optionally extended by attaching your very own (4ft?) long natural stick pan handle (bolts included). Perfect for cooking from a chair or on a bonfire!
Wooden extension stick is not included. FireChef is about connecting people with Fire and the Big Flavours Outdoors. Finding your own stick is part of that ritual, forage a handle the suits your space, food and fire. Alternatively a wooden broom handle or a dowl rod from diy store works well.
Camping Pan Care
This carbon steel pan has no coating to damage. Unlike PTFE or non stick pans this pan will only improve with age and should last a lifetime. The pan will require being seasoned before use, essentially heating the pan to make the steel porous then wiping with a thin layer of oil until it bakes into the metal creating a none stick surface. Seasoning instructions are included in box and like all cast iron cookware or even woks, when seasoned your pan will develop a lovely patina and become non stick developing a character of its own much loved by chefs worldwide.
- After use wash using warm water and plastic scouring pad or spatula, this will protect the seasoning.
- Pan should be lightly oiled after washing to avoid rusting.
- Avoid using a dishwasher as will damage seasoning.
- Should pan develop rust or seasoning gets damaged, simply scour clean and re-season.
- To season, using kitchen towel give the pan a very light wipe of vegetable oil and heat the pan until starts smoking, repeat 2-3 times until pan darkens.
- A well season pan has non stick properties and will develop a character of its own.
- Caution: Pan and handle may get hot. Keep handle away from direct heat and check handle before picking up.
Great pan. Fast delivery. Recommended
Your items are such good quality
All good, many thanks